There can be many reasons to transfer files between Android and Computer. We may need to store our images, videos from our phones to our computer. We can easily do that using a USB cable. The charger that you use to charge your phone is capable of exchanging files at great speed. But this is not a good solution in case we don’t have access to the USB cable.
So, how to transfer files between Android phones and Computers wirelessly? Well, there are many ways to do that. However, I will show you only one way which is a perfect solution for such a purpose. This method works even if you don’t have any internet connection.
For this, you need a browser on your computer and an app called airdroid on your android phone. This method works for all Windows, Linux, and macOS.
A. With an Internet Connection
- First, connect your android and your computer with the same internet connection.
- Open any browser on your computer and type airdroid.com and go to Airdroid Web shown on the top right corner (or directly type web.airdroid.com on the address bar)
- Open airdroid app on your android phone(You can signup or you can skip)
- Use AirDroid Web to start without signing up
- You will see Scan QR code button. Press that and scan the QR code shown on your computer and you will be connected.
- Now you can open Gallery, Files and exchange files between your android phone and computer.
Other Android tips and tricks:
B. Without Internet Connection
You can use this app even without an active internet connection. For this, you have to turn your Mobile Hotspot and connect your computer to that Hotspot connection.
After connected, open your airdroid app on your android phone then go to Airdroid Web and this time follow Option 2 shown there.
Type the address shown there on your browser and voila!!. You will get all the options provided by airdroid. Using Files or Gallery, you can send or receive files between your android and computer. There are many other features that you can use with this airdroid app.
This is one best ways to transfer files between android and the computer without a USB cable. There are other ways too, using other apps. But in terms of simplicity and features, I think this app stands over most of the other apps.